Peter W. and Helen M. Goode Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Missouri State Senator Wayne Goode and his family in honor of Senator Goode’s parents. This generous fund is meant to assist the college in attracting highly qualified and diverse applicants from Missouri high schools.
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time at UMSL (12 hours each semester).
- Recipients must be undergraduate students in the Pierre Laclede Honors College.
- Recipients will reflect the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of the St. Louis community. At least fifty percent of the recipients will be female students.
- Whenever possible, recipients will be traditional college students who are Missouri residents.
- Recipients will possess and demonstrate leadership ability and shall have evidence of significant contributions to the community.
- Preference will be given to incoming freshmen who rank in the top ten percent of their high school class and who have achieved scores on the ACT or SAT in the top fifteen percent of Missouri students.
- Consideration (but not preference) will be given to candidates who complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need.
- Recipients must remain in good standing with the Pierre Laclede Honors College, including progression through the curriculum and a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Supplemental Questions
- This scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate leadership ability and have made significant contributions to the community. Please discuss how you meet those criteria.