Ava’s Grace Scholarship Foundation
Ava’s Grace Scholarship Foundation benefits students who have or have had an incarcerated parent or primary caregiver. Ava’s Grace’s mission is to break the cycle of incarceration through the gift of education, specifically through awarding 4-year scholarships for higher education purposes. The work of Ava’s Grace Scholarship Foundation provides hope to young men & women who have dreams of higher education and a different life. Through our parent organization, Connections to Success, Ava’s Grace scholars receive personal and professional development training and ongoing mentorships while pursuing their unique educational and career goals.
- Applicant must have a parent who is or has been incarcerated in a U.S. penitentiary (state or federal).
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Missouri, Kansas or Illinois for at least two years prior to the date of the application.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must have achieved a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Must plan to enroll in or be currently enrolled in a degree program at a nonprofit higher education institution accredited by a regional accrediting body (North Central or its equivalent in the region).
- Must be seeking a first Technical, first Associate or first Bachelor’s degree.