UMSL Dr. Donald Suggs Scholarship
The Dr. Donald Suggs Scholarship is designed to enhance recruitment and retention of academically talented undergraduate students that are typically under-represented in higher education. This scholarship is named to honor Dr. Donald M. Suggs, oral surgeon, newspaper publisher, patron of the arts and distinguished community leader. His contributions to the City of St. Louis and the State of Missouri are recognized and honored by the University of Missouri – Saint Louis (UMSL) with a scholarship that covers all resident undergraduate tuition and fees at UMSL.
1) Candidates must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by January 1 and be Pell Grant eligible.
2) Candidates will be current high school seniors, starting college in the Fall Semester following the application deadline, who meet 2 of the 3 criteria listed below:
• Rank in top 10% of high school class
• Have earned a 3.5 cumulative high school GPA
• Have a composite score of 26 or higher on the ACT (or SAT equivalent)
3) Preference will be given to first-generation college students and/or underrepresented students.
4) Preference will be given to student that have demonstrated involvement and potential for leadership through extracurricular activities or community service.
5) Preference will be given to graduates of high schools in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area
6) Preference will be given to students who have participated in UMSL Bridge Program